Higher National Diploma In Creative Art And Design
BTEC edexcel, UK
Duration: 24 month
What is the course about?
This course is aimed at people who are interested in creative arts and media industries. The main corridor is in art and design, for people wish to work as a practicing artist or in a related occupation, such as someone who makes and sells craft items for a source of revenue. Pathways are also available in graphic design and interactive media. During the program you will study and put into practice a variety of techniques and develop an extensive portfolio of work, as well as learning the theory behind art and design. In addition to the mandatory units you will be able to choose the optional units that interest you most.
Entry Requirements for this course
- Higher Secondary School Certificate(H.S.C/A. Level).
- A BTEC National Diploma in an creative arts and media industries discipline
- Minimum Requirement: G.P.A 3.50 in both H.S.C & S.S.C.
- Group: Any.
- You should be a minimum of 18 years old.
Note:Candidates with grades below those stated above will be offered the BTEC National Diploma programme, subject to the relevant requirements
After the completion of the course students have the opportunities to enter employment or progress to higher education such as a full-time degree in art, craft and design or related areas. There are a wide variety of careers available in the creative industries and this is a growth area nationally
- Technical or management role.
- Other types of career opportunities can include animator, management or restoration work, advertising agency art direction, museum or gallery carnation
- Traditional careers include professional artist, freelance designer in industrial/ product design, graphic design, packaging design, and spatial design, illustrator and photographer
- Arts administrator, arts education executive, community arts worker, art psychoanalyst, archivist, medical illustrator, art gallery worker, forensic photographer, web designer and model maker.